Virtual Be Our Guest Session – Yeske Buie with Yusuf Abugideiri, CFP®, Lauren Grove, CFP® and Cristin Etheredge, RP®
I. Session Topic and Overview
Yeske Buie Financial Planning Resident Program
The Financial Planning Resident program will address why a Financial Planning Resident position makes good business sense and will share how to implement such a position.
The Financial Planning Resident program is fashioned after a Medical Residency at a teaching hospital, Yeske Buie Financial Planning Residents complete a robust three-year program that equips them with the necessary experience to qualify to be a CFP® licensee upon completion of the program. Residents are trained as if they are a permanent addition to the team, and doing so allows career-track employees to learn how to recruit, hire, train and manage.
Yeske Buie Internship Program
The Internship Be Our Guest Program will cover the entire internship process: how to find the students, how to interview them to assess fit, how to train them such that they add value, how to ensure they’re having a meaningful experience, and how to use their feedback to improve your program.
Interns provide a cost-effective way of leveraging the firm’s time to better serve clients. Interns bring novel perspectives, fresh ideas, and specialized strengths and skill sets – all while augmenting the firm’s capacity.
Session Capacity: Unlimited
Cost: $500 Register here
Date and Time: Available Now
Sign-up today, to take advantage of this great opportunity.
Yusuf Abugideiri, CFP®, Financial Planner, learn more about Yusuf.
Yusuf has been a Financial Planner at Yeske Buie for six years and is a member of the Financial Planning Association® (FPA®). He served on the Financial Planning Day and Career Day committees through FPA’s National Capital Area chapter and is a member of FPA’s NexGen community. He is also a graduate of FPA’s Residency Program. Yusuf is co-chair of the Recent Alumni Board of the Pamplin College of Business at Virginia Tech; he visits campus frequently to speak in financial planning classes. He also makes regular visits to The Washington Center to speak about financial planning and assist students with their career development.
Lauren Grove, CFP®, Financial Planner, learn more about Lauren.
Lauren has been a Financial Planner at Yeske Buie for two years. She is a member of the Financial Planning Association and of the FPA’s NexGen community. She served on the 2014 Career Day committee through FPA’s National Capital Area and now serves on its Board of Directors as the Co-Director of NexGen. She is a graduate of FPA’s Residency Program. Lauren volunteers regularly in her community and was recently on a panel at Georgetown University about” navigating the Career Landscape”.
Cristin Etheredge, RP®, Operations Administrator, learn more about Cristin.
Cristin has been with Yeske Buie for five years and has been involved in business operations and development for eleven years. Cristin earned her master’s degree in Corporate and Public Communication with an emphasis in Organizational Communication and Public Relations from the University of South Alabama. Cristin has a certification in E-Commerce from the University of West Florida. Additionally, Cristin is a Registered ParaplannerSM and received her designation from the College for Financial Planning. Outside of Yeske Buie, Cristin is the Vice President of Education and former Vice President of Public Relations for her local Fairfax Toastmasters club.
II. Learning Objectives Participants Can Expect as a Result of the Presentation
- How to navigate the hiring process of finding excellent students, interviewing them and selecting the outstanding candidates who will be a good fit for the position and a firm.
- How to utilize a detailed training schedule that encourages mastering time management techniques and brings new employees up to speed efficiently and effectively.
- How to position Financial Planning Residents and Interns to embrace discomfort and learning on the edge.
- How to create a valuable internship experience that provides value-add to a firm and consistently grows the intern’s and Resident’s knowledge and experience base.
- How to leverage Financial Planning Residents to add serious value to a firm during their time in the position.
- How to use Intern and Resident programs to grow your career-track employees in their pursuit of business management expertise.
- How to use robust learning programs and create a teaching environment to propel a firm towards success.
- How to make a comprehensive three-year Financial Planning Resident Career Track that best positions Residents for their next professional step upon completion of the program.
III. Materials Provided
Policies, processes, checklists and relevant training materials for both its Internship and Financial Planning Resident programs.